It expounds three series of relations which are important for the understanding of the thoughts of Chinese sages of the past: 1) the relation between the wisdom of life and the knowledge of experience; 2) the relation between the expressible character of thought and the inexpressible character of thought; 3) the relation between the personal practice and the realm of spirit.
作者认为,理解中国先圣的思想,应当注意三个问题:一、生命智慧与经验知识;二、不可言说与可以言说;三、个性体验与心灵境界。
I fancy we shan't run any of the river this trip as you've ever seen it run before-so to speak.
我想你从前看见我们走过的河道,这次一处也不会走了--可以这么说吧。
'Ah, well -- what I mean to say, shows the right spirit, doesn't it?
“嘿,是么——我怎么说来着? 这叫人家精神可嘉,是吧?
How much your kindness meant today. To be succinct, I must conclude, I'm overwhelmed with gratitude.
您这样的好意在当时是多么的难能可贵!简单说吧,我得承认,我内心的感激之情难以言表。
Not knowing what else to say he blurted out, "Wait for me.
他不会说什么,可是设尽方法想出这么两句:“等着吧!
"We'll go some other time," she said at last, finding no ready means of escape.
“我们以后再说吧。 "找不出什么推托的理由,她只好这么回答。
This is a free country I can say what I like.
这是个自由的国家--我爱说什么就可以说什么.
If I may say so, this is not something to joke about .
如果我可以这么说的话,这不是可以开玩笑的事。
It wasn't actually a holiday, more a working break, if you like.
这实际上不是假日, 可以说是工作间歇吧。
" Then live a long time and take care of yourself, "the old man said.
“这么说,祝你长寿,多保重自己吧,”老人说。
What do you want to say? There is nobody here, fire away.
你想说什么?这里没人,有话请说吧。
"Oh," she said at last, "you mustn't look at me like that."
“喂,"她终于说道,"你不可以这么看我的。”
But, I can borrow these other three books, right?
这么说我还可以借其它三本书,对吗?
I'm not a believer myself, that is to say.
我本人并不是个信徒,可以这么说。
But look at all the lovely ladies to choose from,@ said the King.
“你看有这么多美女可以选,”国王说。
Suffice it to say that all four teams are feeling optimistic.
可以这么说,四只车队都感觉乐观。
"Yes, my lad, whatever you want."
“可以,小伙子。你要什么,就买什么吧。”
Carry on, carry straight--yes?
说吧,直说……怎么了?
Sure. Is that your negative?
当然可以,这是底片吧?