The Origin, Application and Development of the Art of “RUYI”;
论“如意”艺术的起源、特点及其作用
Studies on callus induced and plantlets regeneration from leaves of Farfugium japonica var. auseomaculata;
花叶如意叶愈伤组织的诱导及植株再生
My job is no bed of roses.
我的工作并不称心如意。
Life isn't a bed of roses.
人生并非事事称心如意.
Life is not a bed of roses .
人生并非事事称心如意。
Someone wants to use the phone. All the best.
有人要用电话。万事如意。
This was mere wishful thinking.
这不过是如意算盘。
You are counting without your host.
你是在打如意算盘。
Our holiday was all that could be desired, ie was entirely satisfactory.
我们的假日称心如意.
Wish you a happy New Year and the best of everything.
祝你新年快乐,万事如意!
All is well with him who is beloved of his neighbours.
邻里和气,万事如意。
Do not count your chickens before they are hatched.
不要过早打如意算盘
If we give precedence to the idea, this is called free or sense-for-sense translation.
如果我们以意义为主,这叫做意译或意对意翻译。
"I'm willing to make the peace," he said.
“如今我愿意讲和,”他说。
Suppose you have an accident!
假如碰到意外事件!
agree on (a position, for example).
取得一致意见(如观点等)。
If you do not like them, you will be under no obligation whatever .
如不满意,也没关系。
burn maliciously, as by arson.
有敌意地烧火,比如纵火。
Everything's not perfect.
并非一切都尽如人意。
Keep your fingers crossed.
希望你一切尽如人意。