“Jiu shi shuo”is a discourse marker which has its own features,as well as a relatively high usage frequency.
“就是说”是一个使用频率比较高又很有特色的话语标记语。
Namely, unity is strength.
这就是说,团结就是力量。
This means use of Perl is free.
这就是说Perl是自由软件。
That is to say, first we must observe and second we must give help.
这就是说,一要看,二要帮。
That's what we'll use ...
这就是说我们要用……
We are only saying that "squad leaders" should perform their duty well.
这就是说,“班长”要当好。
It amounts to this: Things are getting better.
这就是说,形势越来越好。
Exactly, I've never been in there
对了,这就是说我从来就没有去过那里
I nodded with satisfaction. “In other words, if you were out of the picture, the field would be open. Is that right?
我满意地点点头说:“这就是说。如果你不在,场地就是空着的。你说是吗?”
Am I to understand that you want to quit the job ?
这就是说你想辞去这份工作?
Does that mean I can borrow that book for two months?
这就是说这本书我可以借两个月?
The problem, that is to say, is educational.
这也就是说,问题是教育。
So goes the legend of the horn.
这就是号角的传说,
So far you're right.
就这点来说,你是对的。
That, at least, is what Tacitus says;
塔西佗就是这样说的;
That was why she had lied.
这就是她说谎的原因。
This is how the cry runs.
舆论就是这么说的。
Briefly the facts are these.
简单地说,事实就是这样。
Such was the ideal gentleman, taught Confucius.
这就是孔子说的“君子”。